Cisco Linksys E2000 is a wireless router that has connectivity technology of both wired and wireless. Its features includes 128 bit encryption, port forwarding, parental control, Wi-Fi protected setup (WPS).
Default password for your Cisco E2000 router is admin. This works in most of all cases, except for a few. Other Linksys does not require username but Linksys E2000 does. Default IP Address to access router is 192.168.1.1.
But there are cases when fault password doesn’t work. What to do then?
We recommend you not to set very complex passwords which are to remember and difficult to guess.
Benefit of E2000 router is that in case you forget your password by using factory defaults you can get back to your default username and password and can start all over again. Password will be set to admin again.
Following are step by step details to do this –
- Assure that your Cisco wireless router is plugged in and power is on.
- To see the network cable and power cable turn around the router to where these are plugged in.
- Check for the rest area- it is just a small hole back there with small button inside.
- You have to press down this button for 5 seconds. Use something that small and sharp at tip like paperclips or so.
- Wait for around 30 seconds for router to finish its resetting after leaving the button.
- Unplug the router for some time and then reattach the plug.
- Wait for router to finish booting up. It usually takes only 30 seconds.
- Now your router is reset to its own default username and password. You need to login the default logging username i.e. 192.168.1.1. And admin as your default password.
- Remember it’s important at this to change your default password from admin to something more secure. There are application like free password manager, store your new password in them so that you don’t forget them or have to worry about it later.
Recollect all the reconfiguration that you have as custom setting before you rebooted your Cisco Linksys E2000 router, you’ll have to add them now. In case you had wireless network, you will have reconfigure your SSID and password; port forwarding settings, DNS server setting, etc.
Once your custom setting are done, it’s advised to back up the configuration of the router this will save your efforts to renter this all information in case these situations happen again.
Linksys E2000 Advanced Wireless-N Router User Guide
In case you can’t access your Cisco Linksys E2000, what should be done?
Many people mostly keep their default IP Address same as in Linksys Wi-Fi router. In case you have changed it, you won’t require to change it or rest it back to 192.168.1.1. All you need is to do is find a default gateway of any computer that is now connected to your router. There are many guides available to find your default gateway IP address.