Networks that provide stability and security in communication have become a necessary requirement in the world today. However, while IP phones are mobile and can be shifted one desk to another without any loss to configuration or connectivity, they do seem to have a mobility issue while on call. While they can be plugged anywhere where there is an appropriate power connection, it is not possible to carry around the handset. This problem is solved by the Cisco 7926 wireless phone.
Not only does it offer all the benefits of a regular IP phone, it has several additional features, the best of which is unhindered mobility. The phone is completely portable and offers the luxury of walking around while on call. While the microphones in IP phone sets also offer this benefit, the voice quality and clarity is much better in the 7926 model for obvious reasons.
Some Features of Cisco IP Phone 7926
- The phone has any key answer feature which comes in handy when you are dealing with a high call load. All you have to do is turn it on from the settings menu and answer all calls instantly just with the press of a button.
- Just like in other IP phones, the ring and voice volume can be adjusted according to user preference. This is a boon when on a long call. You can also choose from audible and vibrating ringers depending on your requirement.
- The screen settings allow you to make several changes. For example, the brightness can be increased and decreased according to the light. You can also set a timeout to the screen and it will switch off when unused for that long. For example, if you set the time at one minute, the screen will switch off automatically after one minute of inactivity. This feature preserves power.
- Apart from the usual call pick up facility, you can also use features such as call forwarding, call back, keeping a call on wait, setting a call timer etc. A list of your past calls can be accessed from the logs menu. This will show you the number, time and date of call and also the duration.
- In order to protect the phone and all the information on it from external threats, you can block numbers, check out caller ID, and also automatically block malicious numbers. Additionally, if your hands are busy, the speaker can be turned on for unhindered communication.
Cisco Unified Wireless IP Phone 7925G, 7925G-EX, and 7926G Quick Reference
Cisco 7926 offers a one year replacement warranty on this phone which is the standard for all such devices. The excellent functionality of this phone system has raised it to one of the most preferred communication devices globally. Administrators can now take calls easily and don’t have to deal with the comparatively bulky plug-in models.
Cisco Unified Wireless IP Phone 7926G Data Sheet
Also, the network disruptions are kept to a bare minimum to hardly existing. The user interface is one of the simplest and user-friendly ones seen in IP phones. The state-of-the-art technology has made it possible to include all the features of an IP phone into a handy, wireless device.