Cisco Catalyst 3650 Series Switches are Switches to which a number of devices can be connected. These devices include Routers, servers, Access points and IP phones. These switches support IEEE 802.3at and PoE+ that is power over Ethernet plus. They are embedded with number features like,
- They have capability to control integrated wireless network.
- They are available in three models that are fixed uplink. These models are 4 x Gigabit Ethernet, 2 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet, or 4 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- Some switches provide extra stability as they are equipped with a technology known as StackWise 160.
- The software in the switches support IPv4 and IPv6 routing.
Catalyst 3650 Switch Getting Started Guide
Other Features of Cisco 3650 Switches
- Flexible Net Flow: FNF that is Flexible Net Flow monitors all that data that enter and exit the stack switch for all the users.
- Wired plus: Cisco 3650 Series Switches has stackable access platform for switching. This enables wireless services that are wired plus. This helps in providing granular QoS and flexible net flow. Also, the number of software’s that are used to enable the network can be reduced as this wired feature is bundled into a single image of the software. As a wireless controller, Cisco 3650 Switches can operate in two modes, mobility agent and mobility controller.
Cisco Catalyst 3650 Series Switches Data Sheet
- QoS: The capabilities of Cisco Catalyst 3650 Switches are advanced and wired plus. The switch manages the bandwidth allotment and usage. It also automatically allocates the bandwidth to the users that are within SSID. This helps in maintain the fair allotment of the bandwidth.
- Smart Operation: The smart operations that help in the easy management of the switches are easy deployment of LAN along with its easy troubleshooting and configuration. Apart from this there are various technologies like helps in fast upgrade, easy trouble shooting and replacement of switches by using zero touch technology. Some other smart features include; Smart install that uses IP address allocation thus providing transparent allocation and Embedded Event Manager that provides real time detection of an event.
- Security: The security features of switches Cisco 3650include, wireless intrusion prevention systems (WIPSs) and snooping by Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP). This helps in protecting the users against unauthorized users.
- Advanced Security Features: It includes,
- Protection against attackers by securing the port and preventing unauthorized addresses, prevention of users from snooping a server by using DCHP snooping technique, preventing user integrity by using Dynamic ARP Inspection (DAI) and using IP source guard.
- User Authentication that includes private VLAN’s that restricting traffic and providing security.
- High Performance IP routing: Catalyst 3650 Series Switches gives high performance IP routing by using protocols like IP unicast routing protocols, Advanced IP unicast routing protocols, Policy based routing (PBR) and Protocol independent multicast (PIM) routing.