The Cisco ASA 5500 is series featuring perfect examples of award winning small and medium scale business security tools. It features many robust complete packages with the capacity to deliver amazing security results.
This is the right security companion for any kind of business irrespective of its size. Owing to its great combination of features, the product attracts scores of both the small and medium scale businesses. This is an adaptive security suite that is definitely worth incorporating in any small and medium scale business.
If you are running a business and you have a network for you and your employees, you definitely have to be concerned about keeping that network secure at all times. You have to use any tools available to keep such a business secure from both internal and external attacks. The Cisco ASA 5500 is the series of product suites that are specifically designed to help business owners like you to achieve your goals without fail.
Cisco ASA 5500 Series Getting Started Guide
- Features single platform based standardization which reduces the costs associated with the operation and deployment process
- Integrated world class security firewalls including the renowned Cisco firewalls such as VPS, IPS or intrusion prevention systems, content security, application aware security, SSL, antispyware, antivirus, web filtering and communications security.
- Modular hardware architecture
- Supports security feature customization through the Cisco Modular Policy Framework
- Additional security features such as antiphishing and malware protection along with the prevention of data interception at various levels of operation.
- Comes with a comprehensive management interface featuring the CLI, the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), Verbose sylog and other management tools.
General Remarks on the Product
For a small and medium scale business, the Cisco ASA 5500 series is certainly worth going for. It is a highly scalable product with the capacity to adapt to any kind of business. This is a complete network security appliance that goes to great depth in as far as keeping a network secure from intrusion is concerned. It is mainly renowned for its ability to both detect and prevent any network attacks before they can do any kind of damage to a network.
Its combination of a highly functional and flexible management interface makes the product quite attractive. Thanks to this feature, it is possible for users to successfully manage their security systems in a convenient and easy manner. Access to the various features of the security packages is quite simple and straight forward. It is possible to incorporate the tool into the network’s security system so that the network becomes self defensive.
Based on its design, functionality and overall performance, the device is capable of lowering both deployment and operational costs that come with the implementation of multilayer security systems. All the security packages that are part of the series are highly adaptive and can fit in any security profile of a small or medium scale business. .
The security packages that are part of this series include the ASA 5510, ASA 5520 and the ASA5540 which is the best in the series.